So I had a dinner date tonight, and I've been getting ready for it here and there for a few hours beforehand.
1) Did the dishes; so he wouldn't see a sink full of dishes.
2) Straightened up the shoes; so they didn't look messy.
3) Fixed the blankets and pillows on the couch; so it looked presentable.
4) Turn the lights on the x-mas tree; so it would look nice,
5) Cleaned off the stove top from food; if I gave him a house tour.
6) Made my bed, and fixed up the room for that house tour.
7) Did my hair, makeup (twice), and got dressed.
8) Spent 10 minutes, deciding which purse to use, and transferred all my stuff.
9) Put perfume on 15 minutes on before the date; so it wouldn't be too strong when we said hello.
10) I picked out my scarf and put it on top of everything; so it would be ready to grab.
11) Put my mittens in my pockets; so it could just grab my coat and put them on as I walk to the car.
12) Looked at the menu of the restaurant; so I knew what was cheap that I could order.
13) Waited patiently for him to come in the door.
Then I get a text, not asking where my house is, but postponing our date till tomorrow.
1) Take off outfit
2) Throw on sweats
For future reference to any man. If you know you might not make it on time or at all, tell her right away! Not minutes before the date. All you have to do is say, "I just want to give you a heads up, it may not happen, but just in case..." Given it was a legit reason, but it would have been nice to stop at number 8.